What Happens if the Plastic Surgeon Uses a Smaller Diameter?

If you measure in the 12"diameter in a breast implant and the surgeon uses smaller size in the 11" diameter and you have a lot of breast tissue. What happens to the implant?

Breast Implant size?

+2

It is hard to know what the effect of a smaller diameter implant would have on your chest without examining you. However, generally speaking with the smaller breast implant diameter you are less likely to feel the implant medially or laterally. Consequently, you may also have less “fullness” in these areas with the smaller implant.

Prior to proceeding with breast implant surgery it will be very important to communicate your  goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant diameter

+2

A smaller diameter implant than the chest wall will not show up medially or laterally as much as you may like.