Can a Plastic Surgeon Shave Down a Minor Bump in my Nose While Preforming an Insurance Convered Septoplasty?

I have never been able to breathe through my left nostril. My past doctors have said this is due to my enlarged turbinates after reviewing a CT scan. Given this, i would assume my insurance would cover a septoplasty. Can a Plastic Surgeon shave down a minor bump in my nose while preforming an insurance convered septoplasty?

Insurance covered and cosmetic procedure on the nose

+2

Yes he can !

Is your question: Will the insurance pay for the cosmetic part? Will the Plastic Surgeon not charge me for the cosmetic part or "discount" the cosmetic part?

A Plastic Surgeon you want to operate on you  should be honest. He will submit the charges for the insurance covered part to your insurance carrier and separately bill you for his cosmetic services. The same will the Surgical Facility do.

You may be able to negotiate a little bit a Discount from your Surgeon. Nevertheless " you get what you pay for...". You do not want the "cheapest" Surgeon operate on you.

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Combining Cosmetic Nose Surgery with Septoplasty

+2

Yes a surgeon can perform a covered procedure (septoplasty) at the same time as another non covered procedure. To understand your options, consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS