Can Plastic Surgeon Prescribe Diazepam Months or Weeks Before a Procedure?

I am wondering if it is possible to be prescribed an sedative months or atleast weeks prior to a plastic surgery procedure. I feel I cannot go through with it without this being a possibility. Can this be done and is this normal to do?

Prescribing Diazepam (Valium) Weeks or Months before a Cosmetic Surgery Procedure

+1
Diazepam (valium) is a highly addictive drug which hasbeen greatly over-prescribed and abused. It sounds like you suffer from serious anxiety. Such a condition deserves to be treated properly under the care of a Psychiatrist NOT a family practice doctor or a Plastic surgeon for weeks or months with Diazepam. Most ethical Plastic surgeons like to operate on patients who are emotionally where they need to be BEFORE the stress of surgery and recovery is thrown at them. I doubt many would agree to dope patients with valium just to get them to the operating room. I would strongly advise you to seek competent mental help - it will be well worth the effort. Dr. Peter Aldea