Best Plastic Surgeon in NYC for Transaxillary Incision Breast Implants ?

I'm interested in getting breast implants via transaxillary incision.I really want silicone implants but should I go with saline ? Subpectoral or submuscular ?I want a natural appearance and I just want to add one cup size.I'm currently a 36B.Does anyone know a surgeon in NYC that specialize in this type of surgery?

Transaxillary Endoscopic Breast Enlargement

+2

I think you should make your choice between silicone and saline based on the issues related to the implants themselves, but if you are open to saline, you can get some more information on endoscopic augmentations with saline implants on our site if you'd like.  It's the most common technique we use in our practice. (link below)

Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Transaxillary breast augmentation in NYC

+2

In recent years, transaxillary breast augmentation has decreased in popularity. This is because recent date has shown an increased infection rate which can lead to an increased rate of capsular contracture. Also, placing large silicone implants required lonh incisions so saline implants were the most common implants for this incision approach. Over the past few years, I have been using a special implant delivery device called a Keller Funnel. This allows me to place large silicone implants through very small incisions in the underarm. It also eleiminates exposure to the "dirty" underarm area which results in a lower rate of bacterial contamination and a lower risk for capsular contracture. There are other options for you in terms of incision location, implants type, and above/below muscle. We can discuss all these during your consultation. I am in NYC and my consultations are free. You can get more information on me drschulmanplasticsurgery.com

Matthew Schulman, MD

Transaxillary breast augmentation can be a good choice

+2

Transaxillary breast augmentation is a fairly standard technique and was first popularized about 1995.   At this time we primarily used saline filled implants.  The nice aspect about the transaxillary incision is that there are not scars on the breast.  We use an endoscopic surgical telescope connected to an LCD monitor.  This combined with specialized equipment allows for direct visualization of the implant pocket allowing for precise dissection and placement of an implant.  There are however limitations to this technique.   The procedure is performed by making a small axillary incision and then creating a narrow tunnel that opens up into the implant  pocket.  Smaller sized gel implants can be inserted via this technique but an implant over 300 cc or so is more difficult.  Also a good candidate for this procedure has minimal sagging and should be fairly symmetric.  As you seek plastic surgery consultation ask about all alternatives and make the best decision based on your own personal goals.   

Best Plastic Surgeon to Perform Transaxillary Breast Augmentation

+1
Yes, transaxillary is a great approach for breast augmentation with silicone implants. You are correct that the most important choice is actually not where your incision is but who your plastic surgeon is. Pick wisely and choose a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this approach. See the below link on suggestions on how to choose one.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Choosing your Surgeon?

+1

When choosing a plastic surgeon it is important to  do your due diligence carefully. You will find that well-trained, well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons are extremely capable in performing a variety of different procedures and  managing the potential complications  associated with the procedures.

I  am sure there are many well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Transaxillary breast augmentation is an excellent option

+1

Transaxillary breast augmentation is an excellent option if you have the right breast size and shape.  If you have relatively small breasts that are not saggy, you are an excellent candidate for transaxillary breast augmentation.  I have been doing this procedure for a while and I am very happy with the results.  Breast look more natural and I think it is because I don't cut anything and thus I am limited by the natural breast boundaries that shape the augmentation.  Recently I started to do silicone breast implants as well through this breast augmentation and the results have been amazing.  Great breast shape and feel, no scars on the breast.

To find the best surgeon, you want to find someone who can show you many before/after pictures of transaxillary procedures.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Transaxillary breast augmentation

+1

Transaxillary breast augmentation was a reasonable approach for saline implants because the incision was small. I never really loved the approach personally because I felt that I had better control of th epocket from periareola or inframammary.  Now with silicone implants, the incision has to be even longer and probably more noticeable, so I do not even offer that for the silicones.  Good luck.