Need a Plastic Surgeon in the San Francisco Area Who Fixes Unnatural Looking Ears After a Face Lift, Suggestions?

My ears are connected and the earlobes are long after a face lift (done several years ago) you can't see the natural indent just before the ear starts that everyone has. The cheeks seem to go right into the ears. Can anyone also tell me what the cost of a fix might be? I would like to find a doctor in the San Francisco area who specializes in fixing previous face lift ear placement problems.

Fixing Unnatural Looking Ears after Face Lift?

+1

I'm sure there are many well-qualified/well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. Although I cannot give you a specific name, I would suggest that you do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

The Good News Is, San Francisco Has Some Of The Best Plastic Surgeons in The World

+1

From your description, your face lift plastic surgeon failed to thin the fat off the back of the skin just in front of your ear, and specifically, just in front of your Tragus (that little piece of cartilage that sticks out in front of your ear canal).  In my practice, I not only defat the skin in front of the Tragus, but I also put a suture in the bottom of the skin and anchor it down to the bottom of the Tragus to create a real pre-Tragal dent.  Also, normally the earlobes may be too long because your surgeon chose the ultimate position of the earlobes early when suturing the skin back in place.  One should normally wait for the placement of the earlobe until the very last second. 

A second bit of good news is that your surgically modified appearing ears are totally correctable.  All you need to do is choose one of the many excellent Board Certified plastic surgeons in the San Francisco area. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon