Do I Need to See a Plastic Surgeon or ENT for a Rhinoplasty Mishap?

I had rhinoplasty a year ago. Three weeks after surgery I injured my nose and it has not healed correctly, is more crooked and my sinus headaches are worse than ever. When I pinch the top of my nose I hear a clicking sound but this does relieve pressure. I want my nose straight. Any advice?

Facial Plastic Surgeon for Secondary Rhinoplasty

+2

I would suggest seeing both. Most Facial Plasitc Surgeons are highly trained ENT surgeons as well. Have a thorough assement by a nasal expert and find out if you are a candidate for revision rhinoplasty and whether you may have developed sinus pathology that requires treatment.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

ENT or plastic surgeon to correct post rhinoplasty mishap

+1

It would be ideal for you to see an ENT facial plastic surgeon that is well versed in rhinoplasty as well as sinus surgery. The sinus headaches you are experiencing will need to be confirmed through a CAT scan of the paranasal sinuses. Someone who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries should perform any resetting of the nasal bones and/or revision rhinoplasty.  

Surgeon Selection for Nasal Evaluation & Surgery

+1

You need a surgeon or surgeons experienced in evaluating and treating cosmetic and functional nasal problems as well as possible sinus disease. I would recommend seeing a plastic or facial plastic surgeon who can request consultation with another specialist as necessary.

A plastic surgeon or ENT for a rhinoplasty misha

+1

Why not both? I work very closely with ENT surgeons and do combination surgeries. It sounds like you have a few issues: the cosmetic appearance of your nose, the deviation of the septum and nasal bones, and sinus disease. If you were in my practice I would recommend a team approach, PS + ENT.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Type of plastic surgeon for a revision rhinoplasty.

+1

Choose a good one! This could be facial or general plastic surgeon but who is very experienced and does natural noses that you like. Talk and meet with his patients.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

What you need to do is see someone who knows what he/she is doing. That could be either a Facial Plastic Surgeon or a general plastic surgeon. Be more attentive to  the skill of the surgeon by reviewing his/her work and talking to patients.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS