Can plastic surgeon tell at 4-6 weeks if you have capsular contracture. My ps said I had it at 4 weeks bakers grade 3? (photo)

My plastic surgeon told me at 4 weeks I had bakers grade 3 capsular contractor. Went back to him at 5 1/2 weeks to see about removal. I also think my right breast is bottoming out he said no. I also had a second opinion that plastic surgeon said he couldn't tell if I had capsular contraction and to wait. I'm 48 and scarred to wait to long. Because if they don't soften I want them out. I was an Acup after losing a lot of weight will they be any where the same as pre augmentaion.

I would be surprised in you had a Baker 3 CC at 4 weeks but it is theoretically possible.  The photos show a possible double bubble.  You should discuss this with your PS.

199 Avenue Road
Toronto, ON M5R 2J3

Can plastic surgeon tell at 4-6 weeks if you have capsular contracture. My ps said I had it at 4 weeks bakers grade 3?

From reviewing your series of pated photos my over internet opinion is a slight "double bubble" and a very good early result. No bottoming and impossible to diagnose a capsule over internet in your case...//

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

4 weeks is too early to be sure that you have a capsular contraction around breast implants.

Thank you for your question. It seems to me that 4 weeks is far too early to have developed a Baker 3 capsular contraction.I suggest you wait 3 months before making any rash decision about removal.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Capsule contracture

Dear Bravesgirl,

If your breasts have not increased in firmness you do not likely have a capsule contracture. Grade III capsule contracture also indicates that you should be having increasing pain. Almost anything is possible with the human body but it is unlikely that you have a grade III capsule contracture if the above is not the case.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Implants can take time to drop

The capsule after any breast augmentation is only formed at 3 weeks after breast augmentation biologically so I would think it may be a bit early to really know for sure if you have a capsular contraction at 4 weeks. I have found that some implants take longer "to drop" than others and this depends on each patient's tissues. I would recommend an aggressive implant displacement massaging program. Sometimes they can take 8-12 weeks to really "settle" after surgery.

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

1900 St. James Place
Houston, TX 77056