Plaster Substitute For Post-op Nose Taping?

Hi there, I had rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. My dr said its a good idea to carry on taping at night times. I'm on summer holidays so i dont even mind keeping it on in the day-time. However, I was wondering if there is any way to tape the nose/do something which has the same effect, without having to deal with the sticky glue removal every morning, even in the shower etc. it takes forever to get it off and my skin is becoming very oily with lots of blackheads. Any possibilities...? Thanks a lot. x

Post - Rhinoplasty Taping

+1

An adhesive remover with help you remove the "glue". I have an aesthetician in my office to treat skin such as yours. If that's not available, ask your surgeon or a dermatologist for advice.

Prolonged Nose Taping after Nose Surgery is Voodoo Medicine

+1

The nose is extremely prone to swelling. To reduce this initial, long-lasting swelling and promote adherence of the skin back to the modified nose framework, Plastic surgeons apply tape followed by a splint. (In the US we have moved away from messy and heavy plaster splints and we often use heat sensitive plastic elastomers such as Elastoplast).

After 2-3 weeks of taking, the die is cast and I do not ask people to keep taping the nose as it only increases the rate of serious acne reactions. Ask you surgeon why you would need to continue taking YOUR nose.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Nasal Taping After Rhinoplasty

+1

Generally, I completely remove nasal tape at 2 weeks and do not reapply it.  The therapeutic benefit of tape is most significant in the first two weeks after surgery; you may want to discuss whether tape is necessary at this point with your Surgeon.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.