Planning to Undergo Rhinoplasty?

I only have 1 month vacation or less in our school because it is part of their rules, and I'm thinking of having a rhinoplasty in that 1 month vacation, because I'm very depressed being an outcast and they always throw criticism at me, so could I go to school after that 1 month if I undergo rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty recovery

+2

Recovery after a rhinoplasty procedure will take approximately 2 weeks for all the visible swelling and bruising to subside.  Most of the swelling will be dissipated by one month after the surgery, however full healing takes at least a year to see  the final result, especially in the tip. One-month off of school is more than adequate amount of time to recuperate.

Rhinoplasty and recovery

+2

A month after rhinoplasty will most likely be OK. Bruising shoudl be gone and a good portion of the swelling. But there will be some swelling for a year and sometimes longer.

Planning to Undergo Rhinoplasty?

+2

I typically perform closed rhinoplasty with limited dissection and this tends to produce less swelling, and patients tend to look improved in average of 2 weeks or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty

+2

4 weeks is plenty of time to recover from your Rhinoplasty before going back to school.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your expectations and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty & Vacation

+1

You can absolutely have a rhinoplasty performed during your month long break from school, as this will give you an adequate time to rest and recover. You will still be experiencing swelling and possible bruising, though both will continue to subside and improve over time. I would recommend visiting an expert facial plastic surgeon so that you may be examined in person to determine the best rhinoplasty procedure suitable for you.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Patients undergoing rhinoplasty need one to two weeks and then will look normal to the world.

+1

Patients undergoing rhinoplasty need one to two weeks and then will look normal to the world. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you long term results for the best results.

Rhinoplasty and time off

+1

mariestrawberry,

Typically I ask patients to have at least 3 weeks before going back to school or work; by this time almost no one can tell you had anything done and the incision if you have one can be easily covered with makeup.  As far as being an outcast is concerned, it sounds like there might be other issues that may not improve even with a rhinoplasty so this shouldn't be your only reason for the surgery as you won't be happy if the criticism doesn't end.  Consider seeing a therapist or psychologist and try to figure out what  maybe causing the underlying issues between you and your classmates.  If you still want the rhinoplasty, good luck and hope you get the result you want.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Rhinoplasty

+1

One month is more than adequate time to recover after a rhinoplasty so that peers will not know you've had the procedure. Your nose will continue to improve for many months but you can keep your secret. Entertainers that we see are typically back in front of unforgiving HD cameras in less that a month.

'