How Much Money Should I Need For Out Of Town Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck?

Planning out of Town Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck. How Much Money Should I Need?  

Costs for Surgery

+2

It all depends on what surgery is right for you.  In general, a straight forward breast augmentation will range from $6,000-$8,000.  Silicone implants are more expensive than saline.  If more than an augmentation is required, such as a lift witht implants, then costs will be higher.   Tummy tucks can range from $8,000 to $12,000.  Again this depends on the difficulty of the procedure (hernia repairs, additional liposuction, etc) and how long the procedure will take.  These cost will cover the surgeons fee, anesthesia, and operating room.  Additional costs are for getiing pre-op lab tests (usually at most a few hundred dollars), travel, hotels, and medication prescriptions.  Nearly all of my tummy tuck patients will stay at post-operative recovery center with 24 hour nursing for 1-3 days, and even longer.  This can be around $700-$800 per night. 

Cost for breast augmentation

+1

The cost for breast augmentation will vary greatly depending on surgeon and location.  The total cost including implants, operating room fees, and anesthesia can cost $9000 in expensive areas such as New York City but may be significantly less in less expensive areas. Remember - you get what you pay for so be careful of very low prices!  Make sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon and ASPS member. Stay in the USA for your own safety.

Out of town surgery

+1

This is a very difficult question to answer.  There are so many variables.  How far are you traveling?  How long is your post op stay and what are accommodation costs?  What surgery are you a candidate for?  How long will you be in the operating room under anesthesia?  The best advice is to find a surgeon and ask them this question for a more accurate money amount.

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+1

The fees for tummy tucks and breast augmentation really vary from region to region. In the bigger cities, the fees will most likely be higher.  Good luck., it is often a great combination for the mommy makeover.

Cost for having surgery out of town

+1

Traveling for surgery is not so "uncommon" now a days. You have to take into consideration the cost of the procedures that you are having performed as well as the travel, hotel, etc.. for staying in town.  Each surgeon has their own recommendations for how long you should stay - which may be at longer due to the fact that you want to have abdominoplasty surgery. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/flyin.htm

Out of town surgery costs.

+1

It's funny--we surgeons pretty uniformly decry surgical tourism (especially out-of-country) but we (mostly) accept patients from areas outside our immediate metropolitan locations. I have operated on patients from Alaska, Canada, Japan, Thailand, Kuwait, and many U.S. states, as well as many rural Minnesota communities. But I don't recommend it unless you have the resources and time to stay in touch with the surgeon who does the work, and can deal with any difficulties.

We all speak about "What happens IF there is a complication?" but will in almost the same breath tell you and all of our patients how relatively rare these complications actually are! Still, being prepared for the unlikely IS a good plan! (I always wear MY seat belt--how about you?)

So if you live in an area where travel must be done anyway to obtain quality elective surgery, do your research, ask about costs, and judge for yourself how comfortable the office you are consulting with is with out-of-town patients. Do they offer a motel list? Visiting nursing services? Travel arrangements to and from the surgery site? Overnight care the night of surgery? Follow-up information (IN DETAIL)? What if there are problems? Re-do and touch-up policy and who pays for what?

In our office, the charge for breast augmentation and tummy tuck TOTALS $13900. This includes OR, anesthesia, implants, professional fee, garments, and a lifetime of follow-up, and a no-charge re-operation if there is bleeding. Touch-up or revisional surgery is "no surgeon's fee" and your cost is OR and anesthesia (plus implants if you want different ones). The surgical costs are somewhat more if you require en extended tummy tuck or request liposuction of the hips at the same procedure. I hope this helps in your decision. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Expenses can easily increase for out of state surgery

+1

While making the decision to undergo a procedure by a plastic surgeon out of your area of state, there are several things you should consider and discuss with your surgeon. Consider the potential of either a minor or major complication and how that might affect your hospital care, insurance, and traveling expenses. Discuss with your surgeon who and when you'll be taken care of when you arrive home. You postoperative care should be just as complete and consistent as it would be by your local surgeon. Avoid the gimmicks and marketing of non-plastic surgeons, in particular, out of country physicians who do not meet the same strict standards as your local board certified plastic surgeons. In summary, consider the potential for both the great and bad things that can accompany your decision.

Breast Augmentation

+1

out of town or out of country. be careful. sometimes saving some money will lead you down a path of repeated surgeries to correct deformities created with the first procedure. within the united states costs vary based on location. look carefully for a board certified plastic surgeon before proceeding. do your homework. this is your body.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/breast-augmentation-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Out Of Town Augmentation & Tummy Tuck

+1

The cost of your out of town augmentation and timmy tuck will vary depending upon the area of the country in which you choose to have the procedures performed.  You should ask the surgeon whom you choose for an estimate of the total cost.  You should also factor in an expenditure for a stay-over for a few a days in a hotel,etc. since your surgeon will probably be uncomfortable operating on you without your staying in the community for several days post-operatively.

Cost for TT and Breast Aug

+1

Dear Transformingmyself,

Out of town or out of the country ... big difference. I know Deluth, Ga. and I can understand your need to leave town. However, do not get duped into these exotic vacations to have your plastic surgery. The  cost may and that is, a big,  may be less. But the risks you take with your life and possible complications of your procedures are not worth it. Let say your tummy tuck gets infected when you get home from surgery. No plastic surgeon will want to take care of you because of the liability.  Our prices here in Glendora California for these procedures ranges from $9,500 to $12,000, everything included; operating room , anasthesia, garments,lab tests and  post operative care for a year. There are lots of hotels, easy access from the airport  and lots of things for your family to do. There are some really well qualified plastic surgeons in your area, eg. Randy Smith in Athens,Georgia, Peter Haines in Columbia, South Carolina. I don't know their price range but they are board certified plastic surgeons.
In any event, you need to be seen in  person  by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to assist you in making a decision as to what is best for you. I hope that this is helpful for you . Jon Sattler, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Glendora, California.

Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.