Open Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation?

I am planning open rhinoplasty this year to straighten the bridge of my nose and also because I cannot breathe properly through one side of the nostril. Looking at my photos, would you consider a chin augmentation would also enhance my profile? I also have assymetrical lips (maybe chin too) with one corner of the lips frowning down compared to one side. Would also consider chin lipo too to give more defined jaw. I am nervous that a chin augmentation would be overly prominent and noticeable?

Open Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+3

Although I've done open rhinoplasties for over 30 years, I still use the closed techniqe in many cases - choose  the  surgeon,  not the technique. A small chin implant and chin liposuction will improve your profile. Botox can sometimes be used to improve lip symmetry, but I would recommend fat augmentation for a more permanent correction.

Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty

+2

Yes, a chin implant would improve your overall aesthetic result and would not be over-projecting.  A strong chin for a man is appropriate.  A small amount of liposuction under your chin would be a good addition as well and if done conservatively should not add to your recovery and little to the cost.  Overall you are on the right track!

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes they can be done simultaneously

+2

You will do well with a small chin implant done at the same time as rhinoplasty.

These procedures are normally combined in a patient with a weak chin like your's.

Anup Dhir, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Profiloplasty: Chin and nose surgery

+2

Without trying to sound overzealous, I think you would do well with a modest chin implant providing about 5 mm of projection with neck liposuction and microcannula liposuciton to the jowls with your combined rhinoplasty

Open Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation?

+2

These are two procedures that are commonly done at the same time. I think you would get an excellent improvement with a chin implant.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose and chin

+2

Your chin is a bit weak, you can certainly have that done at the same time as a rhinoplasty and like another doctor said, perhaps some submentatl liposuction as well.

You appear to be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty, Chin Implant, and neck liposuction surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed the photo you posted. It seems like you'll need nasal surgery to address your breathing, and you may want to reduce your profile-hump: if you have your hump reduced, you may also want to have your tip deprojected slightly or it may appear that your tip sticks out too far.

Your chin is slightly underprojected, so a chin implant and conservative neck liposuction may lead to a more harmonious profile. Chin augmentation will make your nose appear less prominent, so you may decide not to have any cosmetic nasal surgery at all.

In that regard, you should consult several reputable facial plastic surgeons to discuss your concerns and see what would be best for you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+2

Proceeding with correcting your breathing along with a rhinoplasty is certainly reasonable.  Besides correcting your dorsal hump and straightening, were you and your surgeon planning on addressing any other areas?  ie., if for some reason you were concerned your nose projected to much and were looking at reducing it, or deprojecting it, then this will make your chin look larger.   If  not then from the views I was able to see (only a single lateral)  I think that submental liposuction alone would give you the improvement you may be looking for.  If you feel later on that you want a "stronger" chin then inserting a chin implant would be possible.

Christopher Tolan, MD
Saint Paul Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with Chin Implant

+2

After reviewing your photo, I think you would definitely benefit from rhinoplasty, a small anatomic chin implant, and conservative submental liposuction.  Regarding the rhinoplasty, it can be performed open or closed.  The main suggestion is that you seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  The causes of your nasal obstruction can be one of many things, therefore careful internal nasal exam will elicit the cause of this functional problem.  Good Luck....Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Aug with Rhino

+2

Hi Marty,

I think your assessment is right on the mark.  Although I can't advise you fully as you do not have adequate photographs, I think that your nose could benefit from cosmetic rhinoplasty.  full assessment of the internal nasal structures is needed to ensure that the breathing problem is corrected. 

Your bite needs to be assessed as well.  A moderate sized implant combined with liposuction should do the trick.  Implants come with different dimensions, so you can find one that suits you.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD