Wanting a Mommy Makeover, How Soon Should I Be Finding a Plastic Surgeon if I'd Like this Done by the End of the Month?

I'm planning on having plastic surgery for a mommy make over (breast lift, tummy tuck and lipo) in Oct of 2012. How soon or close to take date should i start looking for a plastic surgeon. Hubby will be gone for deployment soon and he will be home by then, I need him home for this.

Planning a mommy makeover

+1

I would suggest you start planning for your surgery as soon as possible for these reasons:

- A busy plastic surgeon's schedule may be completely booked for at least 3 months, and you may want to consult with more than one board certified plastic surgeon.

- It's best to have surgery when your weight is stable and relatively close to your ideal body weight, so you may need to lose some weight before surgery.

- If you have any medical issues, you may need a medical clearance, which may take some time.

- You may need to schedule time off work, find help with child care, etc, which may take some time.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Finding a plastic surgeon for a Mommy Makeover

+1

It is not unreasonable to start looking 4 to 6 months prior to surgery. You might want 2 or 3 consultations or more until you find the surgeon you are most comfortable with.When calling for a consultation appointment ask how far out the surgery schedule is. Depending on the popularity of the surgeon you pick will determine when you can get on the schedule. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/mommy_makeover.html

Mommy makeover

+1

You can start any time, but seeing someone closer to your anticipated date would be helpful so your exam and the recommendations would be more relevant.

Mommy makeovers

+1

Congratulations on your reaching the decision to improve your shape after the birth of your children!  You should be very happy with the transformation.

Reaching your best weight and best health before the surgery is paramount to having a good result.  You do not want to lose more weight after the procedures have been performed if you can avoid it. 

Start planning for the surgery six months before you plan to have it .  This will give you time to interview several Plastic Surgeons who may have been recommended to you by friends, but don't discount internet searches as well.  In my specific practice I have many patients who travel to Tampa for this type of surgery, but most certainly there may be  qualified surgeons who are closer to home for you and would be more convenient to visit with.

Best  of luck in your efforts.

Mommy makeover scheduling

+1

In general I like to schedule two months out and see the patient at least 1-2 more times before surgery to ensure that all quesstions are answered and understood.  There are many dimensions like whether implants will be placed, size, what type of lift, scar placement, do the arms and thighs need to be addressed, buttocks?  what type of abdominoplasty is appropriate etc.  You may wish to meet with more than one surgeon to get an idea of your options.  

All the best!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.RianMaercksMD.com

+1

About a month ago would have been a better idea to "find" a boarded PS in your area to preform these surgeries. But you need to start TODAY. Best of luck. 

Mommy Makeover Consultation Sooner than Later

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with mommy makeover surgery.  It's never too early to start visiting with surgeon's to get information about your specific case.  Each office / each surgeon is different with their scheduling process and what is needed prior to surgery so the sooner you know this information, the "less hectic" it will be once you decide to proceed with surgery.

In my practice, I ask my patients to be at their goal weight prior to surgery - I have found that this gives the best long term results for the patient.  Also, for certain patients I may ask for a mammogram (patients over 40 years of age) and/or EKG/ Medical Clearance (patients over 50 years of age).  I meet with my patients many times prior to surgery to get to know them and know what their goals are.  You may want to ask to meet with other patients who have had the same procedure to see how their recovery was as well.

Please make sure that you visit with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's who have experience with this type of surgery and can show you results.

Good Luck!

Web reference: http://www.thesandiegoplasticsurgeon.com/procedures/body-contouring/

Safety in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery #mommymakeover, #tummytuck, #breastlift, #breastaugmentation

+1

Dear matterame in moyock, nc

The timeline for consultation to surgery can vary- depending on Surgeon schedule and your time needs for recovery!  You should schedule a few consults- have your questions organised and you will have excellent preparation for your surgery.

You should feel comfortable with your surgeon and the staff as your relationship with them will be for life...

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Web reference: http://www.drtrevorborn.com

Mommy makeover consultation

+1

If you are planning to have the surgery done in October 2012, you have some time.  You can start researching qualified board certified plastic surgeons, and plan to have consultations by Spring or early Summer.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+1

I am a little confused on your question, you stated in your heading that you want the procedure this month, but in your question you mention October 2012.  Which is it?

Choosing a plastic surgeon to perform your procedure should not be done in a rush and you do need to do your homework.  Make sure he/she is BOARD CERTIFIED IN PLASTIC SURGERY, and performs mommy makeover procedures frequently.  Look at his/her before and after pictures and also study your pictures to plan what is the best approach for you.  These are considered cosmetic procedures and payment will need to be made in advance, make sure you understand all fees and costs, even for touch up procedures if needed.

If you can, visit with 2 or 3 different plastic surgeons to see which one is the right "fit" for you.  It is not too early to start the consultations, good luck and God bless you and your husband for serving and defending our country!!

Web reference: http://www.bodybyfinkle.com

Omaha Plastic Surgeon