Hello, I'm Planning a Jaw Line Reduction with Botox. How Big is the Risk That my Smile Will Be Affected?

Botox jaw line reduction - risks & side effects

Botox to Slim Jawline

+1

If you see a highly qualified and experienced Botox injector, the results of Botox for jawline reduction can be quite positive.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Jawline Reduction

+1

As a board-certified dermatologist and expert injector, I recommend you find an experienced Botox injector for jawline reduction. When injected by an expert into the masseter muscle, Botox can effectively slim the jawline without affecting the smile. If your smile is affected, this result will eventually wear off as the Botox does.

Web reference: http://botox-sandiego.com/masseter-jaw-reduction/

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox affecting a smile

+1

Dear Leamaria,

In experienced hands the injection of Botox into the masseteric muscles is not an issue. Experience is needed as many of the branches of the facial nerve cross the area of interest in the procedure you are mentioning. It is important to be seen by a surgical facial specialist who understands the anatomy (has taken it all apart and placed it back together - in the living).

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Web reference: http://www.larrabeecenter.com/botulinum-toxin-seattle/botox/

Jaw line reduction

+1

We don't think that the risk is high but it can happen. If it does it could last for about 4 months. It has to be done by an experienced injector.

Not if done correctly

+1

Botox can be administered directly into the masseter muscles by an experienced surgeon.  The masseter muscles are larger muscles located at the angle of the jaw, and injecting 15-30 units into each side will give a facial "slimming" effect.  The nerves that affect the smile are much deeper than superficial masseter injections.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Botox Jawline Correction

+1

Botox for the masseter muscle requires precision.  The reason is that the nerve that innervates the face is located very close to the injection site.  I have seen patients who have had unintended facial paresis (facial droop) from experienced injectors in which it lasted near 6-8 months.  

Fortunately, I have never had a facial droop after a masseter injection.  Seek an experienced botox masseter injector and the likelihood of a facial droop is likely low.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/botoxjawreduction.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw line reduction

+1
Your smile is not going to be affected if treated by an expert injector. Have you considered a permanent solution by reducing the amount of bone of your jaw? The procedure takes about an hour while you are sleeping, postoperative there is some swelling, results are permanent - once the swelling recedes. 
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon