Will a Lower Facelift and Necklift Remove Sleep Lines Below Eyes?

i am planning to have a lower face and neck lift. i am not having any eye work done. But I do have sleep lines that go more vertical below my eyes. With the trimming and some stretching of the skin toward the ears, will some of these sleep lines be improved? Thank you very much

Lower Facelift and Necklifts don't help the appearance of your eyes

+1

Lower Facelift and Necklifts don't help the appearance of your eyes - I hope this makes sense anatomically. If you are not operating in that area it should not be improved. If this area concerns you I would speak with your surgeon as he can do corrective surgery during the same surgery. In most cases healing will be mostly simultaneous than sequential.

Good Facelift will Help this issue

+1

These lines should be improved but not at the expense of pulling too tight and an unnatural look.

Web reference: http://www.aventuraplasticsurgery.com/

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment for sleep lines

+1

Lower facelift and necklift will not remove sleep lines below eyes. However, there are some other alternatives you should look into. Laser treatments can work great to treat wrinkles under the eyes. Or possibly a lower blepharoplasty should help reduce the appearance of sleep lines. You should have a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon so he can assess your personal situation.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/fractionated-resurface.html

Rejuvenation of the Area Under the Eyes

+1

A Facelift will not address aging changes around the eyes.  A Facelift is designed to lift the mid-facial area, contour the jowls and jawline, improve marionette lines, and contour the neck.  A lower eyelid Blepharoplasty and/or laser resurfacing will be required to achieve a measurable change in the periocular area. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift will not help lower eyelids

+1

Hi BrookeinCO,

Unfortunately, a lower facelift and necklift will have no effect on the appearance of the region under your eyes. Without a picture, it is hard to tell what you would benefit from, but can range from a skin resurfacing procedure (such as a peel or laser treatment), injectables or surgery. If your eyes are an area of concern for you, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about this so that this can be addressed at the time of your facelift/necklift. It would a shame to go thru a facelift and necklift, but still be unhappy with your appearance because your surgeon did not know that you were bothered by your eyes, as well. Good luck!

Dr.Sunder

Facelift will not affect lower eyelid lines

+1

Unfortunately, a facelift alone won't be able to improve the lines you're noting on your lower eyelids. A facelift/neckling will improve your jawline and neckline, but isn't able to affect the tissue of the lower eyelid.

There are treatments available to improve lower eyelid lines, though. I would inquire with your surgeon to see what specifically can be done in your case. Some options include resurfacing or volume enhancement.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/treatments/facelift-midface-lift

Facelift will not improve lower eyelids

+1

Sleep lines underneath the eyes will not be improved with a facelift. It is impossible to pull lower eyelid skin from facelift incision without making the face look unnatural, pulled, and wind tunneled. 

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Facelifts don't fix the lower lids

+1

A facelift will improve the jawline, tighten the neck skin and muscles, remove excess fat, reposition cheek fat back up where it used to be - but it will not fix the lower eyelids.  This is a separate issue and needs it's own surgical repair or possibly laser treatment.

A FaceLift will NOT Tighten Loose Lower lids

+1

Regarding: 'Will a Lower Facelift and Necklift Remove Sleep Lines Below Eyes?
"

A lower face and Neck Lift will NOT have any influence, good or bad, on your lower lids. The closer the Facelift comes to the lower lid and the more of the sagging cheek is lifted, the lower lid skin excess may be exaggerated by the lift and you may need a Skin Pinch Blepharoplasty to reduce the excess.

If your lower lid skin excess bothers you, you should consider one of several options which will reduce the skin excess and or tighten the skin (lower lid Blepharoplasty VS. skin tightening with combination Microlaser Peel and ProFractional treatment - check YouTube for Sciton laser and these treatments).

Dr. Peter Aldea

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.