I am planning to get a bbl. I was wondering how much fat are they allowed to take out of the body?

Will it also make me lose weight in other places( face) that are not being Lipo.

+1

As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

BBL

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Safe Liposuction amounts for fat grafting.

+1
Liposuction and fat grafting is an invasive procedure and patient safety is of utmost importance.  There have been publications which state that approximately 4.5 liters of fat can safely be done in an outpatient setting without the need for blood transfusions or an expensive hospital stay.  Large volume liposuction has increased risks of fluid shifts, dangerous drops in blood pressure and deaths have been reported.  To keep is safe, it is recommended to do staged procedures for larger than 4.5 liter volumes (think of 2 two liter bottles).  Look for a board certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist in an accredited facility for your procedure.

+1
5 liters can be liposuctioned in an outpatient setting.  Very few plastic surgeons will liposuction that amount of pure fat. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Maximum amount of liposuction

+1
Your particular state may have regulations and policies regarding the amount of liposuction that can be done in one setting. The American Society of plastic surgeons typically recommends the following list the 5 L of liposuction patients can be treated as an outpatient. Anything greater than 5 L of liposuction the patient must be managed in the hospital after the surgery. Every surgeon has his or her own thresholds for how much is appropriate. Most surgeons I would guess do not exceed the 5 L limit.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

BBL and fat removal

+1
Most out patient settings in NY allow for about 5 liter removal of fat in an office based setting.  Other states like Florida I think are lower.

7% of BMI

+1

According to the estimate is possible to take a maximum of 7% of the BMI (body mass index). But this is only an estimate, everything will depend on what the goals you want to obtain and your health conditions.

There is a slight loss of weight generally but not standard, varies greatly from person.

Carlos Lopez Collado, MD