Planning on Attending Birthday Bash 7 Weeks Post TT.

It will be in Vegas. Is it safe to fly and enjoy the normal activities there? Going out, shopping, shows.. anything I should keep in mind while traveling. I'm nervous about how I will feel so soon after surgern. Will I be more tired than normal- not able to keep up with others?

Post tummy tuck

+1

Since you are 7 weeks post op you should do fine and you should not have any exercise restrictions at this time.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Recovery and travel.

+1

At 7-8 weeks post surgery, if you have had no complications, then you are most likely okay to fly and travel. However, a simple phone call to your surgeon will answer this question much faster than waiting for internet responses.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Activity after tummy tuck

+1

Do anything that "doesn't hurt" is good advice. Talk to your plastic surgeon if you have any other concerns you are not sharing. Most, if not all my patients, can fly 6 weeks after a tummy tuck, but I clear them before they go.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Traveling After Tummy Tuck

+1

.There is probably no reason that you cannot travel 7 weeks after your tummy tuck assuming that your recovery is uncomplicated.  There is always a chance, however, that you might have a problem postoperatively.  Check with your surgeon for his/her opinion and consider buying travel insurance.

John Whitt, MD

Recovery after Tummy Tuck

+1

Most patients can resume full activity and unrestricted fun  6 weeks after uncomplicated and uneventful Tummy Tuck. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Restrictions after tummy tuck surgery

+1

Considering you follow the post-op care instructions of your surgeon and you heal with no complications, at 7 weeks post-op tummy tuck surgery; you should be able to enjoy your trip to Vegas. Some patients may tire early since some deconditioning does occur after surgery. I ask my patients to refrain from any strenuous activity and swimming for atleast 6-8 weeks. By 7 weeks, many patient’s return to work and go back to activities of living with no issues. Just take it easy, listen to your body, and enjoy your new look!

Bash after tummy tuck

+1

By seven weeks after a tummy tuck, you should be good to go.  As long as there are no serious complications, you should have your strength and energy back to normal.  And flying will not be a problem.  It might be a good idea, however, to take a baby aspirin before you fly, and plan to take a few walks in the plane (especially if it's a long flight). Also, you should drink lots of fluids on the plane.  You want to avoid any possibility of getting a clot in your leg. 

Your scars will still be red, so you probably shouldn't plan on wearing a bikini.  But, as long as all wounds are healed, you would be able to go swimming, shopping, and partying.  Have a great time with your new figure, and enjoy the birthday bash.

Diane L. Gerber, MD

Full Steam Ahead following Tummy Tuck

+1

As you are 8 weeks post surgery, I believe you need to follow the recommendations of your surgeon.  Most of my patients by this time have recovered well enough to begin full work and full physical exercise activities.  So ask your surgeon to "Go for it!"

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

Every surgeon has slightly different recommendations during the recovery period after a tummy tuck. Nonetheless I think that by 7 weeks you should be feeling very good and back to nearly normal activities. I personally have most of my patients restrict any heavy lifting, vigorous activities, and heavy lifting for about 6 weeks after surgery.  I don't restrict the travel of my patients, but I do recommend that they get up and walk around on airplane every hour or 2 to help prevent blood clots during the recovery period.  Have a terrific time in Vegas!

John K. Wakelin III, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

7 weeks after tummy tuck recovery

+1

Assuming you are healthy, have a positive attitude, and no complications arise, you should be able to have a great time in Vegas after 7 weeks of recovery.  At that point you should be about 95% recovered.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS