Planing to Have More Children, Should I Wait to Have a Breast Augmentation?

I would really love to get breast augmentation. I have always been small (34 A) and would love to actually have breasts. My question is I am plaining on having more children and want to breast feed them if possible. I am scared that I won't be able to and that my breast augmentation will look saggy after I am done. Any help on these two questions will help tremendously! Mindy

Breast feeding with implants...

+1

No one can guarantee that someone will be able to breast feed after an augmentation. However many women do go on to successfully breast feed after a breast augmentation.  Whether or not you wait to move forward with an augmentation is really your decision.

Small breasted women experience very little sagging as they age, even with breast implants. If you are in fact an A cup you will most likely regain your pre-pregnancy appearance after delivery.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation problem

+1

Great question.  The answer depends on what you are asking...breast feeding is possible after breast augmentation and you can get pregnant after breast augmentation and should not be a problem.  However, I often tell my patients that if you are not done having children then you should wait till you are only because pregnancy can change the shape and volume of your breasts even further.  So in general it is better to wait if you know that you are having children in the future especially if you are planning on this in the near future as a certainty.

Good luck

Dr. Vasisht- South Shore Plastic Surgery

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and breast feeding

+1

While breast implants  should not prevent you from breast feeding if you were able to before the surgery, you may want to wait until you are done with pregnancies if you are planning one soon.

May consider waiting on breast augmentation surgery

+1

Mindy, this question comes up all of the time.  It all comes down to timing and personal choice.  If your breasts remained small after your first pregnancy then there is a strong likelihood that they will remain small during subsequent pregnancies.  Some women are very successful in maintaining a nice breast shape after pregnancy and some are not.  If you use a moderately sized implant it is likely that your shape following augmentation and pregnancy will be fine.  If you want to be absolutely sure then consider a breast augmentation after you are done with your family.