Abdominal Liposuction and Gynecomastia? (photo)

5 weeks ago I made abdominal liposuction and gynecomastia surgery. My plastic surgeon said that he removed 2.7 kg of fat.Things went fine until I started noticing a liquid under my skin (below the navel) and on sides. My skin contains a lot of stretch marks and am aware that the skin might not shrink completely. Also am aware that the healing progress might slower since am diabetic. I am worried that there are still a lot fats and the liposuction didn't go well. should I be worried? Any advice?

Liposuction, fluid collections after surgery, seroma

+2

At 5 weeks following liposuction you should still have some swelling but not the degree that you are experiencing. Based on your picture, I would concerned that you may have a fluid collection under the skin termed a seroma. As the body heals following the procedure sometimes it can result in a fluid collection.  When treated in a timely fashion, this often can be improved with a few visits to the office for simple drainage. I would recommend you see your surgeon as soon as possible to help treat this.