Can I Go on a Plane and Themepark Rides One Month After Rhinoplasty?

I have a trip to Disneyland booked in 4 weeks time and Im scared i wont be able to do anything? will I be able to go on themepark rides and the airplane? Ive have my surgery done yesterday. there hasnt been much swelling YET, and little to no pain. will the swelling of subsided somewhat by a months time?

Rhinoplasty postoperative restrictions

There are no postoperative restrictions one month after a rhinoplasty procedure. It is important not to get hit in the nose since it could fracture easier and become displaced after the procedure  within the first 6 weeks.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Post op and amusement parks and flying

Yes it'll be fine for you to fly and the rides, although your nose will not be completely healed until you are 6 weeks post-op.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

3140 Northside Drive
Key West, FL 33040

Enjoy your Vacation!

You may have some additional discomfort during the flight if you are still having difficulty breathing through your nose...nasal decongestants and chewing gum may help you during takeoff and landing!  At six weeks after rhinoplasty there are no restrictions on your activities! 

Eric Sadeh, MD

140 W. 58th Street
New York, NY 10019

You should always ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for specific post Rhinoplasty instructions.  At 1 month post Rhinoplasty, we release patients to do whatever they want but warn them that heat exposure and extreme exercise can cause increased swelling of the nose.  

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Have a great trip! You will definitely be okay for all the rides.  Just be careful of the sun as your nose will be more sensitive to burning.  By the way, I have a bone to pick with the folks at Disneyland.  They call it the happiest place on earth.  They are wrong!  The happiest place is the plastic surgeon's office!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

9339 Genesse Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121-2119

Travel after Rhinoplasty

When the nasal packing is in-place I would avoid air travel as you cannot clear you sinuses.  Packing is in typically for three days.  After that I tell my patients to avoid strenuous activity for two weeks.  This keeps the swelling down.  

Rides and theme parks should not pose a significant problem at one month unless you hit your nose.  If a nasal fracture is necessary for your rhinoplasty your nose will always be slightly more susceptible to fracture from trauma.

For the most part your nose should look improved from the start.  But minor swelling may linger for up to one year.

Robert B. Louton, MD
Altoona Plastic Surgeon

3107 Fairway Drive
Altoona, PA 16602

Flights and Disneyland after rhinoplasty

Dear crookedtrees

• first and foremost protect your nose from being hit or bumped (even if you are on rides)
  • prepare for nasal congestion when you fly by bringing nasal spray, decongestants, and
  • chew gum when you are taking off or landing to help equilibrate your ear pressure

Have fun

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

2521 Stockton Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95817

Exercise After a Rhinoplasty

My experience has been that the nasal bones are pretty solid 2 weeks after surgery. Flying should be no problem, and theme park rides should be fun (plus you will probably have the best looking nose on the ride). Have fun!

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

7400 E Crestline Circle #100
Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Rhinoplasty and activity

By about 4 weeks you should be OK, although I usually have patients wait 6 weeks or so to restart exertional activity.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Plane and Themepark One Month after Rhinoplasty

You should have no trouble with your plans after one month. Nasal bones are flat or membranous in type and heal very quickly as opposed to round bones like yoru arm or leg that take 6-8 weeks to heal. But if you bump your nose on anything it will still be very painful.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

10201 SE Main
Portland, OR 97216