I Plan to Do Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation on 10/31, Can I Fly a Month Later?

Can I travel by air to Colorado on Nov 23rd? What can I expect

Can I fly after cosmetic surgery?

+1
If all proceeds as usual, yes, commercial air travel one month after rhinoplasty and breast augmentation should be fine. May need extra help with luggage depending on how much you are carrying and on implant positioning.

+1

I would allow my patients to fly 7-10 dys after a Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation, so a month is plenty of time.  However, the only real opinion that matters is the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that's doing your surgery.

Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation on 10/31, Can I Fly a Month Later?

+1

Flying a month after surgery should not greatly increase your risk of blood clot complications. It is a good idea in prinicpal to get up and walk every 45 minutes and keep hydrated.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Flying at 4 weeks post rhinoplasty and breast augmentation

+1

At 4 weeks, flying should not be an issue. However, you need to make sure that you frequently walk around and contract your calf muscles during the flight to help minimize the risk of clots. You may also want to ask your surgeon if it is OK to take some prophylactic baby aspirin starting a few days before you will be flying to further reduce the risk of this untoward occurrence.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Flying 1 Month after Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation

+1

You will have no problems flying 1 month after rhinoplasty and breast augmentation.I frequently have patients from other parts of the country, or even out of the country, who fly home 7-10 days after surgery.

Travel One Month After Surgery

+1

Generally, it should not be a problem to travel one month after surgery. I would suggest frequent leg movement and/or ambulation while on the flight.

I hope this helps. Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

Flying 3 Weeks after Nose and Breast Surgery

+1

In my expert opinion you will not have to be concerned about flying 3 weeks after nasal and breast surgery. You should ask your doctor for his/her opinion.

Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon