I Plan on Getting a Nose Job This Summer. I Am a Lifeguard. Will the Sun Exposure Be an Issue?

I'm a lifeguard over the summer. I wear heavy sunblock (50+) and there are umbrellas in our chairs. I plan on returning to work 3-5 days following the procedure as all we really do is sit in a chair all day. Would the prolonged exposure be an issue? I'd be in the sun for hours at a time. Would regular sunblock, and umbrella and maybe a hat be enough?

Rhinoplasty and the Sun

+1

I generally tell my patients to avoid the sun as much as possible the first month. After this, heavy sunscreen with a SPF of 50 or greater is essential. 

-Dr. Zoumalan

Rhinoplasty and sunscreen

+1

It is important to make sure you  has heavy sunblock on after a rhinoplasty for the first few months afterwards. Sunblock,  umbrella, and  a large floppy hat should be all that is required.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html