All Places That I Called in Miami for a Ultherapy Are Done by an Assistant. Is It Safe?

​The physician or physician assistants perform this procedure in the office under physician supervision. ​

We have performed Ultherapy since 2011 in hundreds of patients.

The physician or physician assistants perform this procedure in the office under physician supervision.

Ultherapy has advantages as it uses imaging to deliver targeted high intensity 'focused' ultrasound.

The results of skin tightening will be most apparent at 6 months.

We have performed hundreds of Ultherapy procedures in our Williamsville, NY office.

Read our Ultherapy book on the link below.

Ultherapy and the provider, doctor or assistant

Some practices, depending upon the state in which they practice, may supervise but delegate the Ultherapy treatment to one of their staff that has been trained. In my practice, as I adjust the treatment depending on each patient and tailor more lines where they need it, and lay down the lines of energy in the most optimal directions to help lift certain areas to the best of my and Ulthera's ability, I prefer to deliver the treatment myself.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy safely done under medical supervision

Ulthera, which uses microfocused ultrasound to lift by stimulating collagen under the skin, is a prescriptive device meaning that it can only be done by a physician or someone under a physician's supervision. It is common to delegate the procedure to an assistant. We see the best results in patients in their 40's to 50's.

Richard Baxter, MD