I have a place on the right side of my nose that looks like bone pushing out. If it's cartilage, will it heal on it's own?

I was recently hunting and the scope on the gun hit me in the upper part of my nose when I shot. When it happened it hurt but there was no bleeding and it instantly swelled up a little but the pain went away by the next morning I had X-rays at the hospital and nothing showed that my nose was broken. But my dr said then that the lump that formed quick and looks like bone pushing out of my nose on my right side, looks like cartilage. It's been a week. And is still there, will this go away?

Maybe

+1

Occasionally, an injury as you describe results in a localized bump that resolves. Sometimes, however, the bump represents a piece of bone fragment or cartilage that will not resolve without surgery

+1

I would see a surgeon so that your nose can be examined properly.

Los Angeles, California