Best Place to Shave Teeth to Help with Overcrowding?

I had braces before & I lost my retainer.  Since then my teeth have moved slightly and are now a little overcrowded. When shaving between the teeth to allow more room, I want to avoid changing the shape of my front teeth. Is it possible to shave teeth more towards the back instead?  

Shaving Teeth to augment orthodontics

+1

Shaving between your teeth (also called IRP - interproximal reduction) to create enough space to then orthodontically move them into proper alignment is an accepted procedure. It is only a minor amount on each tooth and should not change their shape or appearance. 

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist