Pixel Laser and Photofacial for Acne Scars and Hyperpigmentation?

I have acne scars and hyperpigmentation. When I was 18, I was going to get a laser resurfacing costing $2000, but did not get it done in the end. I am now 26 and must get something done. I am sick of it. I was told that 2 Pixel treatments and a Photofacial would work. I am reading to see what would be most cost-effective as I want something done; I am not rich but willing to pay what is needed. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Much appreciated!

Fractional CO2 Laser is the new gold standard for acne scarring but pre-op preparation is crucial

+1

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is the new gold standard in acne scar revision. However, you should be evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist to make sure that your acne is under control, preferably with no more than a couple acneiform lesions on face per month before you are to consider laser resurfacing. In addition, prophylactic oral antibiotics and/or anti-androgen medications (for women) should be considered during pre-op and post-op periods to minimize acne flare after the procedure. With history of hyperpigmentation, at least 4-6 weeks of pre-op and post-op prophylactic application of bleaching cream and/or topical retinoid your skin should be customized based on your skin type. Ideally, laser resurfacing should be done by a physician who has performed at least 50 cases of your skin type. During the consultation, if the physician fails to review in detail potential risks or complications and steps to prevent them, you should get ready to seek a second opinion.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon