Pixel Laser or Fraxel for Stretch Marks?

I would like to have Pixel laser or Fraxel laser done on my stretch marks. These stretch marks are new, red and located on my stomach. However, I can not decide which laser treatment would give me the best results. Please help.

Fraxel can work for stretch marks

+1

Both the Fraxel restore and the Fraxel repair can work to improve and sometimes completely erase stretch marks. You will need multiple treatments and if you have a large amount of stretch marks, you should do a test spot first. Both Fraxel lasers penetrate deeper than the Pixel, and are therefore better. Take care, Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist

Fraxel or Pixel Laser for Stretch Marks in Beautiful Vancouver

+1

Hi Lifeforce,

Fraxel laser is a deeper laser treatment for scars and stretch marks, hence it is more effective that Pixel. 

We advise patients to have a small area tested and see how they respond. 

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fractionated laser therapy for striae (stretch marks)

+1

There is very little research to suggest that a fractionated laser treatment will provide you with any significant improvement in the appearance of your stretch marks, These can be quite difficult to treat. Generally only dark or red striae will respond to an intervention

Consider Pulsed Dye Laser for stretch marks

+1

For stretch marks that are new and red, the pulsed dye laser should be considered as a first line treatment. This laser has been shown to reduce redness and stimulate collagen. For best results, a fractionated laser can be added to the mix - either separately or at the same time. Be wary, however, that not all stretch marks respond to treatment and results can sometimes be quite unpredictable. Treatment - even with more invasive lasers - may not necessarily do the trick. Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist