Tattoo removal help?

tattoo regret. I got a tattoo last night and I majorly regret it. Is there a way that i could not take care of it as i should so it fades therefore making the removal process easier? The tattoo is black. Could i make it fade somehow so I have better chances at removal?

Tattoo Removal Options

+1

Your best option would be to seek treatment from a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in laser tattoo removal. With cutting-edge lasers like the PicoSure, laser tattoo removal is highly effective in just a few sessions. There may be a way to make the tattoo go away quicker, but you will need to see an expert to determine the best course of action.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo can be removed with Picosure laser

+1

Hello, Sorry to hear that you have tattoo regret. The good news is that it can be removed in 3-4 sessions with the new Picosure laser. This machine is a game changer in that it removes stubborn colors like blue, black and purple that other machines can't remove. It also does it in fewer sessions. You can check the Picosure website to find the doctor nearest you who has one.

James Motlagh, MD
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo regret!

+1

Thank you for the question. Getting rid of the tattoo is possible.

The best way to remove a tattoo with minimal chance of scarring is to have Laser tattoo removal. Q switched Nd:YAG lasers, such as the RevLite Laser, are excellent for removing tattoos. The Picosure Laser is also very good.

Multiple treatments are usually necessary and depend on several variables:

·Your skin type

·Location of tattoo

·Amount of ink

·Color(s) of ink

·Layering of ink

·Presence or absence of scar from the tattoo

Seeing a board certified physician experienced in laser tattoo removal should be able to give you an estimate of the total number of treatments needed.

Cost of tattoo removal will depend on the size of the tattoo and the total number treatments needed.

To see what is right for you and to get more information, see two or more licensed physicians in your area for a consultation to have all your questions answered and to get the proper estimates.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Let the tattoo heal

+1

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do at this point. Not taking care of it could lead to scarring so its best to let it heal and consult with a provider regarding removal If you can, try to find a PicoSure laser in your area. The PicoSure is your best chance for a quick removal. Good luck!

Kean B. Lawlor, MD
Seattle Dermatologist