New FDA approved injection for spider veins in Pennsylvania?

Hello, back in February of 2014 I went to my doctors for my fourth injection for spider veins around my ankles. I discussed how I had not seen much improvement from the last 3 injections and the doctor mentioned a new medication (sclero agent) that was recently FDA approved in Pennsylvania that came from Germany. The only thing I do recall is that it was very expensive. Was hoping to verify what this new medication is called as the practice has since moved and I'm unable to get the information

Foam sclerotherapy - FDA approved drugs

+1
Sclerotherapy works well around the ankles and sometimes requires more than one treatment, especially if you have a densely populated spider and reticular veins around the ankle called corona phlebectasia ('crowning of the ankle with veins'). Polidochanol is a great agent for this. See the link below from the Doctors TV Show. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Asclera or Fibrovein

+1
There are two recently FDA approved sclerosing agents now available in the US.  Asclera is polidocanol and Fibrovein is sodium tetradecyl sulphate. Both of these can be used as a foam.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon