Someone help! My left breast has a lump after BA. What could it be? (photo)

I had my BA on 06/06/14. I was 103 lbs and got a 425 CC in both breasts. Silicone. Over the muscle. They have been doing great, except recently I noticed my left breast has a lump that I can feel an see in the mirror. Also denty looking. It's small though. This breast was always different , with the healing and swelling. It's still pretty swelled. My right one is perfectly fine. It's really late when I've noticed it and I left my doctor a VM. it's only been a month since my surgery. No pain.

Lump in the breast after surgery

+2
a small lump in the breast should be examined by your surgeon, so that is the first step. As to what it could be, it can be a small cyst in abreast duct, it can be an inter-parenchymal lymph node (a lymph node that is enlarged inside the breast tissue), a small area of old blood form the time of surgery  or a fibroadenoma that you feel more now as the implant is pressing things forward. All of those are benign but it is always best to have your surgeon examine you to make sure. As long as there is no drainage or redness, it can wait a few days to a couple of weeks. Many of the thing I mentioned above resolve on their own in time. 

+1
Being that you are thin with good sized implants and above the muscle, it's likely that you are feeling and seeing the edge of your implant.  It could be several other possibilities, such as a cyst, so it would still be best for an in-person exam with your surgeon.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lump in breast after breast augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question.  As others have stated you need to see your plastic surgeon for an examination and I would recommend sooner rather than later.

You may well simply be feeling the edge of the implant on the side of your breast.  However if your photograph is accurate I believe I see some redness or inflammation and infectious process must be ruled out.  Please see your plastic surgeon soon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lump after breast augmentation

+1
Because you are thin and had moderately large implants inserted over the muscle, the lump you feel is likely the edge of your implant. Best advise is to follow up with your surgeon for and examination.

Paul M. Parker, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Lump after breast augmentation

+1
If you feel a lump it can be many things all of which would need to be evaluated in person to figure out what it is. Best to see your surgeon.

Breast lump

+1
my guess is that you are feeling the implant. as the implant is just under the gland and you are only 100 lbs, you really don't have much tissue covering it. however go follow up with the surgeon who knows you to get the real answer

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Someone help! My left breast has a lump after BA.

+1
With a thin breast, and a subglandular implant it is quite possible you are feeling the implant or a small fold on the edge of it. The final word however must come from your surgeon after a followup examination.

A breast lump after augmentation should be checked by your surgeon.

+1
Often times a small fold of the prosthesis can present as a painless lump in the breast. This however is a diagnosis to Be made only by your plastic surgeon.

Lump After Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.
Healing takes more time than people expect and it can be discouraging.  It is hard to say exactly what is going on with out a face to face exam.
  • You are still swollen, things take time to heal.  One side may also heal faster and the other.
  • You will need at least six months to see your final result.
  • It is important to see your plastic surgeon because she/he knows exactly what was done for you.  Call your surgeon and request a post op appointment.
Hope this helps.
EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lump

+1
Thanks for your question. it sounds as though you did the right thing by contacting your physician. You need to be evaluated. No pain, redness, or fever?  This doesn't sound like an emergent situation but does need to be checked. Best of luck.

Thomas A. Cochran, Jr, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon