5 days post op Breast Augmentation, my breasts feel slightly worse regarding pain. Is this normal?

I had breast aug with 400cc submuscular silicone round high profile in both breasts. Today waking up I would say my breasts feel slightly worse regarding pain. The pain includes a burning sensation and yet still numb. It is not unbearable pain but annoying. Just bruising near the incision on the underside of my breasts. Breasts are very sensitive on the outermost sides. Hard and sore to touch. Is this normal ? When can I expect these feelings to go away ?

Post Op Pain 5 Days After Breast Augmentation

+1
You are still very early in your healing. It’s not unusual at 5 days from surgery to feel sore, maybe have a little bruising and definitely feel a “burning sensation”. It sounds as though some of the nerves are “starting to wake up” which is often why you are feeling the nerve sensations though some areas are still numb. Make sure you are following your surgeon’s recommendations as far as activity restrictions and arm movements.

From what you are describing, the symptoms sound normal and they typically resolve over the next few weeks or months. I would recommend seeing your surgeon for follow up visits to make sure your post-op recovery is on track.

Post op pain

+1
Thanks for your question regarding post op pain. Post operative pain is different for all patients but usually lasts 3-5 days following BA. It is not unusual for patients to sometimes experience pain as their activity level increases in the immediate post op period. If you are concerned, you should touch base with your surgeon and keep them informed of any new developments such as increased pain, fever or sudden change in breast symmetry. Good luck with your recovery

Sumanth Pagadala, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Pain five days after breast augmentation

+1
It is very normal to have pain after breast augmentation. And it's even more normal for that pain to be worse some days more than others. 

And it it is expected that the pain will not be the same on either side. So relax and enjoy your recovery and new beautiful breast.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast pain after augmentation

+1
The pain you're describing is likely normal recovery. You should voice your concerns to your surgeon and if there's any new changes he or she should examine you.  Most often people start to do more and more activity in the recovery and this can aggravate things and cause new pain.  The safest thing is to give your surgeon a call and be evaluated.   

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Tingling pain 5 days after breast augmentation

+1
The discomfort that you describe is common after breast augmentation surgery.  However when you are experiencing a new or unusual pain after breast augmentation it is important that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon and not rely on Internet advice.  Only your surgeon knows exactly what was done and is in the best position to answer your question.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Pain After Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your inquiry on breast augmentation.
What you are experiencing is quite normal.  It is your nerves "waking up" after surgery.  If the pain gets worse, you should contact your surgeon and make him/her aware of the pain you are experiencing.  
Best Wishes.
EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Post op pain

+1
what you are experiencing in quite normal. The nerves are 'waking up' after being bruised and tugged on during the surgery and all of the local anesthesia that was possibly injected into the area at the time of surgery has gone away. The best thing to do is to follow your surgeon's instructions, limit your activity so as to not cause any stretching past where you feel comfortable and give it time. Your scenario is the more common post operative course for patients.

Julio Garcia, MD