Is Butt Implants the Best Option for Getting the Bigger Butt I Desire? (photo)

I am 5'5 and 100 lbs. I always have been thin even after having 3 kids the fat melts off of me. So i dont think a fat transfer is possible nor do i think it will last. From what i hear about butt implants is they look akward compaired to the fat transfer. So not sure if i can get the butt i want with implants. Desperatly seeking real advice from doctors who do this procedure often. Thanks

Butt Implant

+2

Idealy fat transfer remain the best alternative to Buttock Enhancement.

If fat is not available then one can use Buttock Implants. Provided the implant size is reasonable , it can give you a great results. In general implants anywhere will need maintanance, therefore will need surgery in the future.

To have the best results the implants have to be of the softest silicone  and be placed within the muscle.

Incisions are well hiddesn in the crease between the butt.

recovery is 2-3 weeks in a compression garment.

Is Butt Implants the Best Option for Getting the Bigger Butt I Desire?

+1
Buttock implants are probably the only option given your lack of fat stores.

Intramuscular implants can improve volume by 400 cc or so, depending upon the size of the individual. A significant amount above this volume compromises healing by creating more tension on the healing incision.

Fat vs implant

+1

hi, fat transfer its a safe and well tolerated procedure. if the patient has fat deposits its a good option; if not, butt implants are the choice.  from what i see in the pics youre thin, probably implants will be a better choice, also doing some liposuction, harvesting some fat and injecting in the lateral gluteal area. 

Translation provided by doctor:

hola, la inyeccion de grasa es segura y bien tolerada. si la paciente tiene depositos grasos es una buena opcion, si no se recurre alos implantes. por lo que veo en tus fotos eres delgada, probablemente implantes sea la opcion, haciendo tambien liposuccion, tomando grasa para inyectarla en las partes laterales del gluteo.

dr JPC

Juan Pablo Cervantes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Implants are the best for you

+1

Hi,  from your description and photos, you are definitely too thin to have fat transfer to the buttocks.   Buttock implants are a very nice solution to increase your buttock size and improve the shape of your buttocks.  We typically do one or two a week and our patients love it.    It is important to chose an implant size that fits your body and to have realistic goals. 

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Buttock Augmentation options

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help… @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD