Pins and Needles Sensation Six Months After Brow Lift, Is This Normal?

Hello, about six months after an endoscopic eyebrow lift I started to feel a slight pins and needle sensation on the left side area under the scalp around where the Titan screw is fixed. It happens only when I move my forehead or eyebrow to a certain degree. Beside that I don't feel any numbness anymore, only inconvenience is that I can feel the screws when I touch my head and I'm thinking of having them removed eventually. Do I need to be worried about the strange tingling sensation?

It is probably not a problem.

+2

One thing that may be happening is irritation of a small sensory nerve by the screw.  I would go speak to your surgeon to see if there is a need to do anything.  Remember that any procedure to remove the screw can also cause injury to nerves in the vicinity.  Good luck with your quest.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Pins and needles after browlift

+2

I agree that this sensation is best explained by return of normal sensation to the forehead and the scalp.  However, if you are considering having the screws removed, this may again cause trauma in this area.  So if you want them removed, I might consider doing it sooner than later, while there is still relative numbness in the area and before full sensation returns.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift

+2

You are experiencing nerve regeneration which is OK. Go ahead and have the screws removed. Or they may be be dissolving types which could take a year. Talk  to your doctor.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pins and Needles Sensation 6 Months after Brow Lift

+2

The feeling of pins and needles 6 months after surgery usually indicates that the nerves of sensation, which were traumatized during surgery, are recovering. While this can be irritating, it is a good sign.

Tingling sensation 6 months after brow lift

+2

Hi,

The sensation you are describing is not unusual 6 months after brow lift surgery. This sensation usually comes from your nerves trying to grow back after being cut. You should regain normal sensation after a year of healing. In the mean time enjoy the compliments from your lift! Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Pins and needle sensation 6 months after Brow Lift.

+2

The pins and needle senation, 6 months, after your Brow Lift is most likely the regrowth of the sensory nerves and should not, IMHO, be a cause for concern.  As always, you should discuss this issue with the surgeon that doid your Brow Lift.

+2

Best to discuss with your surgeon but it sounds like an entrapped or partially damaged V cranial nerve, frontal branch. This should correct over time. But 6 months might show a permanent issue. Again best to discuss with the operative surgeon.