Pinched Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty

Is it common to have skin pinch on upper tip of nostrils after Rhinoplasty with nostril reduction? It's like a pucker and it actually hurts! Could this be from the swelling?

Pinched Tip After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Clever K,

Your rhinoplasty surgeon is best suited to answer your question. That having been said, I have not found that it is common to have painful "skin pinch" on the upper tip of the nostrils after rhinoplasty. In fact there should be very little pain associated with rhinoplasty, other that the discomfort of nasal obstruction in the immediate post-operative period.

Please let us know what your surgeon tells you. I hope that your concerns resolve quickly and that you love your new nose. Be well.

Dr. P

Best for you to wait to judge Rhinoplasty results

+2

You don't say how long it has been since your surgery, but you have to wait 6-12 months for the swelling to resolve. You should return to your surgeon and have him evaluate the problem.

Not common

+1

It is not common to have a pinch of skin on the upper tip after a rhinoplasty or nostril reduction. Puckers are not a normal occurrence and usually do not go away. This could be a dog ear which represents excess skin, and should be addressed - it will not go away on its own.