Treatments for Pimples That Don't Burst?

I got a few pimples on my chest. They became lumps and I could not squeeze out the pus. Lately, I realized they already became part of my skin. When I scatch it, it feels painful but doesn't burst. What are these and how can I get rid of them? Any acne treatments for these?

Don't Squeeze

+2

It is hard for me to visualize what you have. They could be acne cysts that were not allowed to blossum. Another possiblity is that they might be epidermal inclusion cysts ( sometimes erroneously referred to as sebaceous cysts). By squeezing them you might have caused them to rupture and create fairly permanent knots under the skin.

Another, less likely due to its relative rarity, possiblity is that you might have an entity called eruptive vellus hair cysts. These usually occur on the chest and come out fairly quickly. They are dermal cysts with vellus hairs in them.

I do not see what is wrong with a short course of Tetracyclsine. I would urge ;you to refrain from picking since it might send the contents of the cysts to places you would not want it to go.

Hope this helps.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.