Pimple on my Nose After Surgery?

I have a small pimple with a white head on the tip of my nose and I just had my surgery two days ago and I am worried about it. It doesn't itch or anything but it looks weird is it related to the surgery?

Pimple on Nose After Surgery

+1

You may have had a reaction to tape after surgery.  It is best to leave the pimple alone, and let it heal on his own.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon at your follow up visit. 

Pimple on my Nose After Surgery?

+1

Dear Sona,

Thank you for your question.  It is common to have a small 'break out' after surgery.  Best To leave this alone till fully mature and avoid pinching your nose. Your skin is fragile now and the caritlages could be damaged until they are fully healed.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Pimple may be related to the splint

+1

Hello Sona,

Thank you for the question.  Its hard to know but I suspect the pimple may be related to the splint or tape used after your rhinoplasty.  I know I have seen this before in my practice.  If there is not other issue I would assume that the pimple is not an issue related to the inside of your nose.  Of course you could always ask your plastic surgeon to take a look and make sure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD