Will Erbium Laser Resurfacing Help Even Skin Tone?

The pigmentation of my skin is very uneven. Would the erbium yag laser help?  My complexion on my face is pale with pink and red patches. I am booked in for a session with laser resurfacing with the erbium. Would the erbium yag help even the pigmentation so it was one tone?

Erbium yag laser can even skin tone

+2

The erbium resurfacing laser can even skin tone, whether it's the ablative erbium which takes 5 days + or -, to heal, or the Fractional laser which is nonablative and must be done several times.  The Thurium, 1927nm. laser in the Fraxel Dual laser, is very effective in reducing photodamage, brown spots and uneven tone.

Face laser

+1

You should get a much better improvement with a CO2 type laser which goes deeper but you mention red spots. This would possibly involve another laser. Make sure you go see a plastic surgeon that is familiar with the different lasers available. Watch my video

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon