I Pierced my Conch (Middle of the Ear) About 10 Years After Getting Otoplasty, Will It Affect It? (photo)

Pierced conch after otoplasty will it affect it

+1

after 10 years the effect should be the same as an un operated ear. You should be fine. Just make sure that no signs of infections are occuring.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Pierced my Conch (Middle of the Ear) About 10 Years After Getting Otoplasty, Will It Affect It?

+1

Piercing your ear after otoplasty will not affect your ear shape unless you get an infection following the piercing which is fortunately rare.  However, we do ocasionally see ear deformities that result from infections  after piercing which can destroy the ear cartilage  and be very difficult to correct.

John F. Reinisch, MD

Conchal Piercing after Otoplasty Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. No, your conchal  piercing should not affect the results of the otoplasty done 10 years ago.