Costs for What I Need Done? Live in Texas. Severe Breast Asymmetry? (photo)

I had very severe asymmetry and got a BA last May. I had a revision on my left on 2/26, because it was much larger. My areola stretched a good bit after the original BA but the placement is off and so now I am needing areola revision surgery. I can't get financing I have bad credit and so does my family. So I have to save up for it. Do they do areola surgery in office, that's how I had my revision done. Any ballpark price range? I'm happy with the progress but the areola difference bothers me.

Tubular breast deformity

+1

A tubular or cylindrical breast deformity consists of a malformed breast with a cylindrical shape, high inframammary crease, herniated and out of proportion in size areola.  None of these imperfections were addressed during your original implant surgery.  I would suggest a return to the operating room to "fix" all these issues which would consist of areola reduction, reshaping the breast tissue and lowering the crease.  Your left breast is fine and I was use that as a template to match the right.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Areola asymmetry following implants

+1

I would recommend lifting your right nipple areola complex. This would be a simple in office procedure under local anesthesia. If you were my patient, I would charge nothing as I would consider this part of your original procedure. I think somewhere in the 800-1000 dollar range as appropriate.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Areolar reduction

+1

my goal with breast asmmetry is to have the breasts and nippleareolar structures  match as closely as possible. The areolus is usually streched by the expansion o fthe skin with breast augmentation. Most patients accept that rather then a scar around the areolus. If a areolar reduction is done it may take what I call a lollipop excision of tissue as a circumferential mastopexy does noy always hold up. Office surgery might be appropriate depending on the patient,as I do not use I.V. sedation in my office.Check with your plastic surgeon for what  he or she would do and cost,without seeing you I would estimate a cost of 1500.00 for office surgery.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Areolar revision

+1

An areolar lift, if that is what you indeed need, can be done with local anesthesia in an office setting. You would have to check with your surgeon about pricing. This is so variable so what I would charge will have little bearing on the quote you may get. 

All the best.