Had Surgery Yesterday Morning..will the Sweling Go Away and Will It Drop? (photo)

Im 5'2", 110 lbs and just had my BA yesterday morning (March 4) I know that there will be swelling but I wanted an opinion as to if it actually will drop lower, how long will it take? Finally, I've been getting sharp pain on my left nipple and side, a long with that side having difficulty moving arms and sharp pains. My right side has been doing great...just concerned about my left breast. My PS inserted 300cc to my right and 325cc on my left. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Breast Enhancement

+1
Implants are always high for a while when they are placed under the muscle. Overall I think you look great and like the fact that you have implants that match your frame!

Yesterday!

+1

Congratulations! I'm sure your ps discussed this with you. it is normal to have swelling the day/week/month after surgery.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will Swelling Go Away and Breasts Drop?

+1

I know it's hard to wait and you are anxious to see your actual results, but you are very fresh out of surgery and need to give yourself time to heal.  Everyone is different so give yourself 3-6 months for your breasts to drop and settle in.  The pains you are feeling are normal in the healing process, but make sure to follow up with your surgeon and go over the recovery process.  Don't worry, just make sure to follow your post-operative instructions and have a little patience.

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Had Surgery Yesterday Morning..will the Sweling Go Away and Will It Drop?

+1

Did your chosen surgeon discuss post operative issues with you? Swelling and riding high are the norm especially 1 day after surgery. PLEASE call your surgeon to understand post operative care and details. 

Post-op one day after breast augmentation

+1

Congratulations on your surgery!  I think that questions one day post-surgery shoudl be addressed to your doctor and his office.

One day postop - call your doctor

+1

I would be seeing you on the first day myself so you could ask this directly.  I don't know what your surgeons schedule is for this but any day 1 questions should ALWAYS be directed to the surgeon you trusted for your surgery, not to the unknowns on the internet!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Will the Swelling Go Away and Will It Drop?

+1

Without seeing preop photos to compare, only the most general comments can be made. Most submuscular implants are "high riding" for one to six months. As the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants, the implants will settle.

This question is much better addressed to your surgeon, who knows you, knows what was done, knows how they looked at the end of surgery while your muscles were still relaxed.