Bottoming Out, Over-dissection, I'm 99% Sure This is What I Have?

3 weeks post op. Over dissection of the implant pocket made by the surgeon during the time of surgery usually will see bottoming out start almost immediately from surgery or within a few weeks. Over-dissection of the pocket area is a technical error, where the surgeon lowered the fold too much and the implant has now fallen to a very low position. ? do I do for now until I get a doc, the doctors bra is very tight on the incision. feels like broken ribs. Pain is still intense, hurts to urinate.

Bottoming Out After Breast Implants

+2

Pictures would be helpful if you wanted an assessment as to the anatomical concerns you have.  Preop and postop pictures would help elucidate what factors may have contributed to your situation.

Early recovery

+2

You may be exactly right about what is happening with your breasts this early after surgery, but it's hard to comment without photos.  You should, at the very least, go back to your surgeon to discuss your concerns.  Most surgeons want their patients to be happy, and are thankful for the opportunity to discuss concerns.

Bottoming out

+2

Bottoming out will probably require surgery. At three weeks sometimes wearing a band may help. Best to see your surgeon for advice.

Over dissection?

+2
Without photos, it is impossible to comment. See a urologist for urinary tract pain as this is outside the scope of plastic surgery. You have a surgeon and, if you are upset about the result, you need to discuss your concerns with him. Be patient. Unless there is an infection, this is elective surgery.

Bottoming Out after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the stressful time you're having after breast surgery. However, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. At this point, I would suggest that you calmly discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. You should have peace of mind that there  is no need for surgical intervention at this point.

Again, continue to exercise patience  and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. Generally speaking, it is best to evaluate the end results of surgery approximate 6 months after it was performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Bottoming out

+2

Sounds like you are wearing a tight bra.  This may be to control the bottoming out.  At 3 weeks it is too early to do anything.  You should give your breasts a chance to heal.  If there is a need for a revision, your surgeon most likely won't do it for at least 3 months if not 6 months.

Speak to your plastic surgeon about your concerns, or if you necessary find another board certified plastic surgeon who can give you a second opinion.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Web reference: http://www.torontocosmeticsurgery.com