PicoSure Laser for Quicker Tattoo Removal?

Can I Reduce Amount of Treatments and Time? I have heard there is a new cynosure pico tattoo removal laser that is supposed to remove tattoos in 3 treatments or so, and also is really good at removing colors. I was wondering if this is true, and if so where the providers of this laser are located? What is the average cost of treatment for my size of tattoo? I have had 6 treatments so far and do have scar tissue from the tattoo. It looks blue at this time but was previously black. Thanks so much in advance!

PicoSure results

+2

We have been seeing excellent results with the PicoSure laser at our practice. For professional tattoos, three or four treatments are generally required and for amateur tattoos, a little less. Treatments with the PicoSure clear the tattoo much more quickly, often twice as quick as the old device. But that’s a ballpark, it depends on the patient. If you have red tattoo ink, PicoSure won’t work. Yellow is difficult as well. That’s when you need a 532 device to treat the tattoo. You see the most dramatic improvement in green, blue and purple inks that were previously very difficult to treat. Now, you often get rid of them in one to two treatments. It’s incredible. A lot of my patients have been treated for years with older types of lasers and all of a sudden, with one treatment, everything is gone. We have also been seeing some intriguing results with scaring from past tattoo removal treatments. In the process of treating their tattoo, their past scarring also smoothing out. We offer this treatment at our office and we are pricing PicoSure treatments about 25% higher than treatments with our other devices. With the decrease in the number of treatments required to clear the tattoo, this generally results in a savings to the patient over the course of the clearing their tattoo.

Sacramento Dermatologist

Previously treated tattoos still take several picosure treatments

+2

We are having excellent results from our Picosure but previously treated tattoos like yours take deeper settings than untreated tattoos and still take multiple treatments.  It seems the scar tissue from previous treatments gets in the way.  I was treating a tattoo that had both untreated and previously treated areas and the untreated areas blanched significantly while the previously treated areas had much less blanching.  The treatments are more expensive but for untreated tattoos, the first treatment reduces the ink by at least 40 % whereas the old treatments took several treatments to see any change at all.  You may spend more money but you will spend less time!

Web reference: http://dermatologyaffiliates.com/picosure

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Pico is faster, less treatments, and very effective for most colors

+2

the Picosure is a new classification of laser for many of the most difficult color tattoos, like green. Red at this point may be more stubborn. For what you have it should work well if there is one in your area. We are in New Jersey just outside of NYC.   The cost is only slightly higher, but you real savings are with less treatments. From where you are now, it should take about 3 more treatments

Thanks ...and good luck

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

PicoSure is Better

+2

The new PicoSure Laser from CynoSure is better at removing blue ink because it uses photo-mechanical principles as opposed to relying on photo-thermal action alone.  Older lasers simply heat up the target area to break up the tattoo ink but pico-second technology takes advantage of photo-mechanical impact/stress to shatter ink into the smallest of particles.  This results in lower energy requirements for removal, less collateral damage, better clearance and fewer treatments.  In my office, Cost is based on tattoo size and our consultations are free.  There are only 15 PicoSure lasers worldwide.  My practice, Hall Plastic Surgery & Rejuvenation Center in Austin, Texas is one of the first to offer this service and my staff have been personally trained by CynoSure on the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/tattoo-removal-picosure-austin.html

PicoSure for Tattoo Removal

+1
PicoSure is the newest laser for removing tattoos. It is an advanced technology that allows for greater tattoo clearance with less treatments. 

Some patients responded to only three treatments, but most patients need more. PicoSure is able to more effectively clear blue and green inks, as it delivers a pulse of light 100 times faster than previous lasers. 

The cost of PicoSure treatments will vary across the country. You should expect to pay few hundred dollars.

Web reference: http://www.mdlsv.com/Picosure

Baltimore Dermatologist

Black ink to blue ink...

+1
Black ink on white skin often looks gray so tattoo artists often mix in blue ink to give the tattoo a darker look. I believe that is what happened in your case. Since you just have blue ink remaining your best bet is to get treatment with a Ruby laser as it is wdiely acknowledged as the best treatment for blue ink. God luck!
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Picosure works

+1

PicoSure is an amazing new machine.  I am finding it to do a great job breaking down ink on some patients who I failed to remove their tattoo completely with other lasers despite many treatments.  Different docs have different preferences but I like this one.  Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo removal with PicoSure laser is faster with less downtime

+1

The PicoSure laser is the newest laser with each pulse being a trillionth of a second, which is 100 times shorter than previous Q-switched lasers, like the older MedLite laser.  The shorter pulse of the PicoSure is more effective at breaking up tattoo inks and dyes and for most tattoo colors.  The number of treatments has been reduced as well.   There is less risk for scarring and blistering of the skin than previous lasers.  It costs a bit more as it is newer technology but is worth it since there are fewer treatments.  

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Faster tattoo removal with the PicoSure laser

+1

I was involved with the clinical trials for the PicoSure at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York in New York City. Our responses with blues and greens are fabulous with very rapid clearing. Other colors respond more quickly than other lasers except for red ink. The procedure is remarkably easy and safe.

Yes, Picosure does quicker tattoo removal. And also more effective. And less painful. And less scarring.

+1

Depending on the color of your tattoo, the Picosure can remove it in 1 or more treatments. 3 treatments may be accurate for certain tattoos. Whatever the case, it is doing it in 1/4 to 1/3 of the number of treatments people get trying to remove other tattoos, some of which never really fully disappear. Picosure also helps clean up the remnants of tattoos other lasers were not able to clear fully. We do have one in Manhattan, if you happen to be in the New York City area. If you want to come in for a free consultation we can see your tattoo in person and review costs.

Web reference: http://www.ArtofDermatology.com/cosmetic-services/picosure/