Will Picking My Nose After Rhinoplasty Damage The Result?

I'm 15 days post-op and have several times woken up to myself picking my nose in my sleep! Now I worry that I have damaged the result?

Depends on the pressure that your are "picking" your nose

+1

Thank you for the question.  Whether any damage can be done by touching or manipulating the nose depends on the amount of force/pressure that is applied, what has been done, and how far along your are from surgery.  The less manipulation the better obviously but if you do not have blood, pain, or change in the shape of your nose its not likely that you have caused damage.

Dr. Remus Repta

Scratching at incisions while asleep

+1

Scratching at any incision at night can be an issue.  You could try sleeping in soft gloves for a few more weeks to protect the area and allow more time to heal.  

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS