Picking my nose after rhinoplasty until blood started coming out a little bit?

My surgeon advised me to use saline spray to clean the dirt and blood inside my nose. However three days after I would just keep picking at it until I got most of the dirt out, until a large part came out, not sure if that was a stitch or not... Today, 7 days after surgery I began picking at it again, this time I was convinced that the part I was touching was dirt, until a little piece came out and my nose and it started to lightly bleed..

Bleeding after nasa l surgery

+2

I do not let patients pick anything out of their nose. I will allow them to clean it gently with a q-tip about one week after surgery after the splint is removed and only after they let things loosen up in the shower. Nasal saline drops are ok. Best to see your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty Post Op

+2

Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation. It is important to follow instructions so that you will recover well.

+1

It is best to avoid picking at the nose after surgery. I would recommend visiting your surgeon for an exam, and follow his or her post-operative instructions. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Nasal bleeding

+1

Stop picking. Use nasal saline and have your surgeon do the "picking". Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

+1

I would follow up with your surgeon to be examined and follow the instructions of your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php