How to Pick a Perfect Size? A To C, Saline Under Muscle

I'm really having a hard time trying to pick out a perfect size for me, I'm going with Saline, Under the muscle. I think I'm either a 32 A, or 34 A. I was really hoping to go for a small C or a medium size C. Please help? The cc's really confuse me, i am also worried about rippling... But I made up my mind, I want Saline. pls help. Height: 4'11 Weight: 103 pounds.

Breast implant size

+2

Your nipples are laterally displaced but I am sure you will get a very nice result with breast augmentation. Your surgeon can measure your base breast width and distance from your nipple to the breast fold. With these measurements he can very accurately choose an implant size to meet your expectations. If you have any doubts it is usually best to go slightly bigger than smaller as most women prefer this after six months. Trust your surgeon and enjoy your new look.  Good Luck

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I actually think there are way too many implant choices and life would be simpler if we only had a few sizes, I would suggest 300cc as that is what I use for women with your body and desired breast size

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size selection

+1

I suspect an implant in the 300 cc range would accomplish what you are looking for if a "c" cup is your goal.  It is important to consider that you are petite and it will not take much to make you look "large breasted".  Have your plastic surgeon measure your breast width diameter and try on some implants in his/her office that hover around the 300 cc range plus or minus 50 cc in the MP+ and HP class.  This will allow you to get a visual of what you will look like and avoid being way too small or way too big.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

How to pick a perfect size implant?

+1

This is a decision to me made between both you and your surgeon. There are different reasons for deciding on one size over another, but I would urge you to consider the new gel implants instead of saline.

William D. Merkel, MD
Grand Junction Plastic Surgeon

+1

Now that is how to post photos! Thanks. My choice 350 to 375 cc HP implants under the muscle. Best of luck. 

Saline breast implants have to be really overfilled to minimize rippling.

+1

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant sizing

+1

I think that it is very important that you communicate clearly with your surgeon to maximize the chances of achieving your desired breast size.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I do not find that use of “sizer implants” in the bra preoperatively correlates accurately with the final breast implant used.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Choosing Breast Implant Size

+1

Forget about volume (cc's), choose implant by dimensions of your chest, pre-existing size, desired size, and skin compliance.  Your breasts appear round, symmetric, with lateralized nipples. The nipples will remain lateralized, and the lateralization may even be accentuated with implants.  You should get a mid-range profile implant with a base with equivalent to or slightly more narrow than the base width of your breast.  For example, based on your appearance, size, and weight, I would venture a guess that your base width is about 11.0 to 11.5 cm, maybe as wide as 12 cm.  With a non-padded bra, try on mid-range implants, estimated 3.5-4 cm projection.  This will get you up to C cup... Sexy, but natural.  Volume should be in the 240 - 290 cc range.

Steve Laverson, MD

breast augmentation and implants size

+1

When will your photos you seem to have a narrow chest but relatively wide breast with laterally displaced nipples.

The key to creating the natural appearing augmentation is to center the implant behind the nipple. I would recommend high profile implant because this creates a more natural appearing augmentation and high-profile implants tend to ripple less than moderate or low-profile implants.

Remember when you try on implants in a bra they will always look larger than they will look inside the body after surgery. If my patient likes of 400 mL implant I will put in a 425 mL implant to look like what the patient saw before surgery.

For small C I would consider 375 mL 400 mL implants for real C I would consider 425 mL to 450 mL implants.

Wendell Perry, MD