Would I Qualify for Abdominal Scar Revision?

Hello men of science! I'm a 22 year old male with a 6in abdominal surgical scar. I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about scar revision (not crazy about a tummytuck). Just below my navel, the scar has two "chunks" of fat on both sides of it, so it's like the scar is a bit indented. Then the last inch or two of the scar seems to be attached to the abdominal wall itself. Is scar revision typical in this scenario? I know it won't remove the scar totally, but would it help to smooth the surface and color?

Tummy Scar Revision Plus Laser Lipo is Best Option for Depressed Scar with Chunks of Fat Around It

+1

You have a good understanding of the problem. If your scar is simply excised and closed it will adhere again and the surrounding fat will still be higher.

I use excision and 924 laser treatment of the surrounding fat to level the area around the scr. See my post below for photos.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/tummy-tuck-boston/c%E2%80%93section-scar-how-to-fix-or-remove-your-tummy-scar/

Scar Revision.....

+1

By the looks of things the upper portion of your scar might be reasonable for revision. I would need to feel it to be more sure. The firmness makes a difference.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision

+1

You sound pretty realistic with your expectations. If the scar is tethering, and you feel lumps from fat on the sides, it may very well be able to be revised.  Go to a board certified plastic surgeon.