How Much Physical Discomfort is Felt Immediately After Eyelid Surgery?  

My eyelids will be lifted out of my field of vision. Is that a pretty painful correction? Will the pain be similar to the pain of an irritated boil?

Pain after eyelid surgery is minimal

Upper eyelid surgery alone is barely painful. With lower lid surgery, there is some pain, often described as sinus pressure. This is quickly controlled by taking pain medicine while still in the recovery room. Once the pain is under control, it is easily kept at bay, and by the 2nd or 3rd day there is very little discomfort.

Palm Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon