Physical Attack 6 Weeks After Implants

i had breast implant replacement 6weeks ago after having my old implants removed due to them 'turning' position.Anyhow my new silicone implants look and feel great at 6weeks post op but last weekend my violent partner attacked me and even tho he didnt hit me in the chest my breasts feel slightly sore now,should i be concerned? are they too new to leak or rupture? they're not painfull at all just a little sore.they still look and feel normal just slightly sore.Any advise would be appreaciated xx

Implant damage after trauma

+2

If you are concerned about your implants, then you should have them checked out by your doctor. Sounds like you might want to get rid of the partner as well.

Disruption of implants from physical trauma

+2

The cohesive gel implants are quite resilient devices and are not prone to rupture from blunt trauma. However, an MRI may be advised if the soreness continues. The larger issue here is your relationship with an abusive partner. I encourage you to seek help to get out of this type of relationship.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implant rupture after chest trauma

+1

It is HIGHLY unllikely that your implant would rupture from such a blow. However, anything is possible and it would be best to be evaluated and monitored. Utlimately, the best non-invasive test to evaluate implant integrity or lack of such is an MRI. You may want to consider this for peace of mind.