How Do I Find the Best Surgeon for Septorhinoplasty?

how do i find the best surgeon for the job? I just feel like this is not your straight forward nose job so am quite worried about who i turn too... and is it a standard procedure a rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to do....i have been advised that i would probable need septoplasty to straighten the septum and assymetrical nasal dome and rhinoplasty to adjust tip cartilage positioning with sutures?

you might be able to see my scar from my right nostil to my top lip which i got when i was 2 years old from running into a game of swingball, splitting my lip open....the healing process is what i believe has cause my nose to deviate to the right :o( I can see also that my left nostril seems higher than the right....

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may improve the asymmetrical appearance of your nose.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed the frontal photo you posted. You may require septoplasty to address your nostril asymmetry, and tilted columella. You may also require a cartilage spreader graft to restore a straighter appearance.

You should interview several board-certified rhinoplasty specialists to see what's best for you. Along with certification, you should view many favorable photos, and see what other patients are saying before proceeding with surgery.

All the best from NJ.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to find the best septorhinoplasty surgeon

+2

Whenever anyone is considering corrective nasal surgery, you want someone with extensive nasal surgery experience. Having an in-depth understanding of both the functional and cosmetic aspects of septo-rhinoplasty is vital.

Straightening the externally deviated nose can be one of the more difficult manuevers to do. I would recommend consulting with a few experienced surgeons, look at their before and after photographs of patients with similar problems to yours and see who you feel comfortable with. Be sure to focus on your potential surgeon's long term (1 year) results.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Looking for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon

+2

Dear Kelly,

Having a good nose job requires a nose specialist and a skilled surgeon. You also want to take into account whether you feel comfortable with the surgeon, as well as the doctor's experience and other qualifications. Always choose a board certified facial plastic surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty. Be sure to check his before and after pictures to get a feel for the results the doctor has previously produced for other patients. Good luck

Kevin Sadati, DO

Finding the surgeon for rhinoplasty w/septoplasty

+1

It is important to find a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries. That person will also have performed thousands of septoplasty operations by nature of the work that the surgeon performs. A board certified ear, nose, and throat and facial plastic surgeon is important to find. Review before and after photos of the surgeon to see the quality of their work. In addition to the board certifications, make sure the operating room where the procedure is to be performed, is certified by an accrediting agency, such as Medicare. In addition to that, make sure you have a board certified physician anesthesiologist in attendance during your procedure.  

Fining Excellent Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

Finding an excellent surgeon will be the most difficult part of your operation. Go to the website of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to find a list of physicians in your area. Go to their respective websites to get some insight regarding their practices before scheduling a consultation(s). 

Finding the Best Septorhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

There are many talented surgeons who perform septorhinoplasty correction. Chosing the right one can be a daunting task. However, I am confident that you will find the right person for you.

Make sure first and foremost that the surgeon you choose has a significant experience in septoplasty and deviated nasal surgery correction. The majority of your deviation is from your septum and correcting that deviation is the most important maneuver in your case.

What you do with the tip or the profile is a matter of personal preference mixed with appropriate realism that is dictated by your own personal anatomy. With that being said, the correction you seek is not one that is different from many of my own patients with combined functional and aesthetic disturbances.

I am certain you will find the surgeon who is right for you.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best surgeon for rhinoplasty

+1

When choosing a surgeon for rhinoplasty, look for one certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and experienced with a special interest in rhinoplasty. You can gain many insights from the practice website. Finally when you meet for consultation, seek a surgeon who is responsive and interested in you as an individual and one who will spend the necessary time with you. Also don't forget that any facility used by your surgeon must be accredited and meet the highest safety standards.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

As others have noted, the best way to find a good Surgeon in your area is via word of mouth.  You are correct in stating that your nose will require a more in-depth procedure than a "finesse Rhinoplasty", and that septal work will most likely be required.  Make sure that your Surgeon is Board Certified in either Facial Plastic Surgery or Plastic Surgery, and make sure that Rhinoplasty is a specific interest in his/her practice.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal surgery

+1

When you are interviewing potential surgeons you need to ask about board certifications and experience. 

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Finding a good surgeon

+1

Your concerns are fairly common and most good rhinoplasty surgeons deal with both issues. You should ask around in your community, and then go with a doctor and his staff who respond  to your needs,, and takes good care of their patients.