Photorejuvenation and Restylane for 28 Year Old Looking Tired?

I am looking a little tired lately and have been noticing some fine lines/ age spots starting to appear. My dermatologist recommended a photofacial but I wanted something that would give me a more rested look as well so I was thinking about a bit of restylane under my eyes and in my cheeks. Are these procedures too much for a 28 year old? Will it make things worse in the longterm if I cannot keep up with them? And also how much downtime is needed? Thanks! :)

Photofacial

+1

The photofacial will help you with the spots, but the fine lines need a CO2 laser or similar laser.  I have reservations about either Restylane or Juvederm under the eyes.  I find they have the risk of excessive edema under the yes for the long term.  Thus, I do not recommend it, but many like it and have success with it.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Every person is different

+1

It would be hard to comment on you, since I don't know you, but Restylane has been shown to have age-prevention benefits, and IPL is a great procedure for anyone who wants to undo some sun damage. It is not unusual for a patient to get one or both. One thing is for sure, if you do not keep them up, the aging process continues but you will not make things worse. Be sure it is done by an expert, so do your homework.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

28 year old looking for rested appearance.

+1

Age is not so critical as what type of skin and genetics and environmental factors have you exposed your skin to. The photofacial procedure can be all encompassing, but general relates to a light based treatment for redness and sun spots.  It works amazingly well and that in and of itself may be all that you need.  Fillers under the eyes need to be placed carefully and can also restore a more rested look. None of these procedures will create a dependence on your part and help to rejuvenate the appearance with very little downtime.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist