Is PhotoRejuvenation Good for my Severe Dark Circles ?

I've tried many products but nothing seems to work with me, I searched on line and I found out about Photorejuvenation and IPL, but I have no ideia if it would finally work. I have had this Dark circles for almost 6 yrs, and it is getting worse.

IPL may not be very helpful

+2

A frustrating and very common problem!  In my experience, IPL is unfortunately not very helpful for dark circles under the eyes.  This tendency is largely genetic and may be more severe in those with allergies.  IPLis great for lightening pigment that is very close to the skin surface, however undereye circles often result from deeper causes.  Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane may be helpful if part of the darkness is due to shadowing in the so-called tear trough. 

Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL and photofacial will not work for this.

+2

The treatment you need in under eye filler with Restylane.  Your challenge is finding the right injector who has the experience to place this material without creating lumps or overfill.  The product can be adjusted if needed.  The liquid facelift website might help you identify an experienced injector in your area.

Several excellent treatments for dark Eye Circles

+1
There are multiple types of treatment for dark eye circles. The simplest perhaps least effective is chemical peels using various agents from salicylic acid , alphahydroxy acid, or pyretic acid , among others. A filler such as Restylene will Soften the color a little bit in this case. It there was a deep tear trough delineating the area of dark it would be even more impressive. Lasers are perhaps the most potentially helpful. I have found the fractionated Co2 laser ( ie Pixel) to be the most effective of the lasers. Ruby, nd-yag. Fraxel , and others can also be used with less effectiveness but with less downtime. Each of these treatments have different risks and benefits which require a thorough consultation. For before and after pictures you can go to the attached site. Good luck.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Photofacial

+1

This may help provided the pigment is shallow, and not deep.  If the pigment is deep, IPL will not help. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Photorejuvenation for dark circles?

+1

I agfree that IPL photorejuvenation will have no benefit treating your under eye dark circles.  Consider trying an under eye filler such as Restylane.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon